Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Freecyclin

Last night, I sorted through an overflowing large plastic bin & small plastic bin of craft stuff that I had intended to keep since my last "sort". I listed a large plastic bin full of stuff on freecycle, tossed a black garbage bag full of stuff and kept only about 3/4 of the small plastic bin full. So, I got rid of probably 2/3 of the stuff. It felt so great.

I listed the freecycle offer this morning. I can't wait to get it out of here. That will be one more little "nook" of free space. I have plans this summer to empty out at least 3/4 of my shed, so that it's not wall-to-wall boxes. Any useable items that I don't want, will either be freecycled or given to my local thrift shop. Trash will be promptly taken to the dump.

This is going to be hard to work on with the kids home for the summer, so I will be limited to nights and weekends. So, it will be slow going. But, I have 2 months left of summer, so hopefully, I can get it done by then. If not, 3 of them are going to school this fall, so I may be able to get more done once they are back in school.

I also want to get a scrapbook/craft/gift wrapping station set up. There will have to be a bunch gotten rid of before I can do this. So, that will give me motivation.

Todays meals are:
Breakfast: Cereal for kids, eggs & grits for me....I'd make eggs & grits for them too, but they
want cereal (it's only Special K, without sugar, so I don't see why they like it so much, but at
least it's healthy).
Lunch: Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Dinner: Fried Fish, Hushpuppies, Black eye peas, salad
Dessert: Chocolate Chip Delight

Chocolate Chip Delight
Recipe By :Cherylann
Serving Size : 10
2 packages chocolate chip cookies -- your choice of brand (we use homemade), divided 16 ounces Cool Whip® -- divided
milk -- enough to moisten cookies
Pour some milk in a bowl. Dip one cookie at a time until moist (do NOT hold cookie in milk until it is soggy and crumbles).
Place your moistened cookies in a single layer in a 13X9" pan.
Top this layer of cookies with a layer of cookies with a layer of Cool Whip.
Continue layering, ending up with the remaining Cool Whip on top.
If there are any cookies left over, take them and crumble them up to use as a garnish on top.
Place in the refrigerator until it has set and has gotten cold, usually overnight.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 151 Calories; 9g Fat (61.5% calories from fat); trace Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 1mg Cholesterol; 18mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.

Hope you all have a blessed day!~Cherylann

No comments: