Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I walked!!

Since last October, until about May, I was walking 4-5 miles a day. Well, once the kids let out of school, that became harder and harder to do.

Yes, I could have still done it, but with so many little walkers, my track became crowded. And while I enjoyed the time with them, it became dangerous when I was trying not to step on them, because they don't have the stride or speed that I do.

Wellllllllllll, last night, after class, I walked 2 miles. I actually felt like I could have done the whole 4-5 miles that I had worked up to, but it was dark, so I had to stop.

I am proud of myself, though, for doing it. No excuses, I just did it :)

Tonight my class lets out too late to walk after, but it starts later, so I am going to try to walk before I leave for class.

My doctor wants me to lose 50-70 pounds. And, he wants me to do so only 25 pounds every 6 months. So, it will take me approximately 1 1/2 years to do so.

I have just under 3 months til my next appointment, so in that time, my goal is to lose 12 pounds. My appointment is 11/16 at 9am.

My hope is by eating right, exercising & watching the scale, I can start correcting my diabetes and high cholesterol, and if not completely eliminate the need for prescriptions, at least greatly lessen them.

2 comments:

Tami @ This Mom's Delight said...

Sounds like your doctor is wanting you to do it safely and it'll be a permanent weight loss that way, too!
I'm with you. I am ready to shed those ugly pounds of mine!

Cherylann said...

Yes, that is what he wants, and me too :)