Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Christmas preps

Well, I've finished making my card list. So, now I know how many cards to make. I've also started my Christmas Notebook already. It officially starts on 8/1, but I'm a procrastinator, so I need extra time. I am working on it a little each week, so that I can keep up this year. I have also been researching ways to keep Christ in Christmas.

I bought material today to start making Christmas aprons and rice bags. I hope to be work on these every Sunday after church.

Is anyone else starting early for Christmas? Does anyone else make homemade gifts? If so, what projects are you working on?

Here are a couple of the gift in-a-jar recipes that I'll be making this year:

Apple Butter
8 apples -- peeled, cored and sliced
4 cups sugar
4 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon salt
Fill crockpot with all ingredients. Cook on high for 1 hour, Reduce heat. Stir occasionally for 12 hours or until thick and a dark golden in color. Puree if desired. Fill pint jars with hot apple butter, leaving about 3/4 inch space at top. Seal jar with their lids.
Yield: "10-8 oz. jars"

A Little Bit of Everything Cookies-in-a-Jar

Mix:
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup crispy rice cereal
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup sugar
A Little Bit of Everything Cookies:
1 jar cookie mix
1/2 cup unsalted butter -- softened
1 egg
2 Tablespoons water
In a 1-qt. jar, layer the ingredients in the order listed. Pack down firmly after each addition. Attach the following instructions:
A Little Bit of Everything Cookies: Preheat oven to 350.
In a large bowl, cream the butter until light and fluffy. Mix in the egg and water. Add the entire contents of the jar and stir until well blended.
Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto parchment paper lined cookie sheets.
Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from baking sheets to cool on wire racks.

Have a blessed day...Christmas will be here before you know it.~Cherylann

No comments: