Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Loving Home 7/3/07

Hi,

Today I am taking my oldest to my mom's to stay the night. I am going to try and get my closet finished (I am clearing out boxes & getting rid of stuff). After that, I am going to work on decluttering the MBR. I have been listing like crazy on freecycle.

Today's Menu:
Breakfast: Cereal with nectarines, Bacon & Tomato Sandwiches, scrambled eggs with bacon and toast (everyone wanted different things today...LOL)
Lunch: probably turkey club sandwiches
Dinner: Impossibly Easy Cheeseburger Pie, French Fries and Skinny Seasoned Green Beans
Dessert: Leftovers

Impossibly Easy Cheeseburger Pie
Recipe By : Cherylann
Serving Size : 8
1 pound ground beef
1 large onion -- chopped
4 oz. mushroom pieces--drained
1 clove garlic, pressed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup biscuit mix
1 cup milk
2 eggs
fresh herbs, chopped, to taste (your choice of herbs), divided
salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 400°.
Spray a 9" pie plate.
Brown beef, garlic, 1/2 the herbs, mushrooms and onion; drain. Stir in salt.
Spread in pie plate; sprinkle with cheese.
In bowl, stir together remaining ingredients. Pour into pie plate.
Bake about 25 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 307 Calories; 23g Fat (68.6% calories from fat); 16g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 120mg Cholesterol; 388mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 3 1/2 Fat.

Skinny Seasoned Green Beans
Recipe By : Cherylann
Serving Size : 5
28 ounces green beans
1 small onion
fresh herbs, chopped, to taste
1 can chicken broth
salt and pepper -- to taste
Empty beans into strainer and rinse thoroughly. Place in a medium pot.
Add remaining ingredients. Cook on medium heat for 10-12 minutes.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 59 Calories; trace Fat (6.1% calories from fat); 4g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 162mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable.

2 comments:

Heart 4 My Home said...

I haven't made this in a long time. I love th epie! I thik I am going to have to snag your menue and make it myself tonight. HTank s or the inspiration!

Cherylann said...

Yes, it's a great (& easy) recipe. I just added a few extra touches...fresh herbs (can use dried), mushrooms & garlic. I also thought about adding a can of diced tomatoes, but didn't have any on hand. I bet salsa would be good, too.