Wednesday, July 25, 2007

SAT Vocabulary for the day

abasement-humiliation
billowing-waving
cower-recoil in fear
enhance-improve
harangue-noisy, attacking speech
labyrinth-a maze
nullify-to make unimportant
plaintiff-petitioner in a court of law
replete-full
tangible-can be touched
abrogate-deny
blasphemy-speech which offends religious sentiments
credible-believable
enigma-mystery
harbingers-indicators
labyrinthine-complicated
nuzzle-cuddled
plaudit-statement giving strong praise
reprehensible-shameful
tardy-late

2 comments:

Heart 4 My Home said...

Ok I have to admit I had I didn't know the definition of "plaudit." I had heard the word used before but didn't remember the context. You got me on that one!

Cherylann said...

LOL...right after I reviewed my words, I saw plaudit in context in a magazine article. I wouldn't have known it if I hadn't just studied it (that one fell in one of the 5 or less that I didn't know).~Cherylann