Friday, November 2, 2007

Ok, today I did PART of my shopping. I bought the ingredients for double batches of the following recipes:

Chicken Tortilla Stew
Italian Lentil & Barley Soup
Chili
Homestyle Chicken Soup
Homestyle Bean Soup
Farmhouse Pot Roast
Chicken and Dumplings
Baked Potato Soup

I spent $98.69, which I don't think is too bad for 16 meals. Just keep in mind that I had some of the ingredients on hand (and most of the spices), and also I will be making my own broth.

Also, some of the ingredients you can't just buy what you need, if you don't have it, you have to buy a whole package (ex. flour, salt, pepper). Also, look for the better deals....I was gonna just buy 8 baked potatoes, rather than the whole 10 lb. bag, but they were 94c a pound, and for a 10 lb. bag was only $3.38. So, any that I have left over, we can use for baked potatoes one day for lunch.

I will buy for the other 12 meals (6 doubled) on 11/10. I expect that to be a little higher (because of the seafood for the gumbo), but even if it's $150, that will be about $250 for 28 meals...not bad huh?~Cherylann

No comments: