Saturday, January 3, 2009

Day 3, Decluttering...Putting away the decorations, pt. 1

Sorry I have not posted yet today....I have been busy doing laundry AND putting it away as it comes out of the dryer...what a novel idea!! Lol, I am known to let it pile up til it's about 10 loads (yes, that is possible in one day around here). And then have a ton to put away all at once. So, in a way you could say I've been decluttering my laundry pile...Sorry no pics for that one ;)

Today I am going through my Christmas boxes. Not all the ornaments got placed on the tree this year, b/c I didn't get it decorated til 4am Christmas Day (blushing now), but I promise to do better next year. I only opened 2 boxes of Christmas decorations (of 6). There will probably be more boxes this year. The ornaments on the tree will stay up through epiphany (January 6).

Most of our ornaments are homemade (by the kids or through an exchange I do every year), they look old-fashioned or rustic, or the kids' ornaments that they collect. Most, but not all.

Here are the first 10 ornaments:



apple flag (cracker barrel)



Bell ornament from an exchange at CNB



Blue Cascading Stars...got these at Cracker Barrel



Caity's Feliz Navidad stocking 1st grade (2007 6yo)



Caity's 1st grade snowman (2007 6yo)



Caity's Chrismon Kind. @ Sunday School (2006, 5yo)



Caity's Dalmatian Kind. (2006, 5yo)



Cardinal (cracker barrel)



Cat in the Hat (KFC??)



Santa's Clipboard (CNB)

No comments: