Monday, January 5, 2009

Menu Planning Monday

No, I've not given up on OAMC, but don't have time to do a session right now. So, here's this week's menu.

I got this idea from Rhonda at Christmas Notebook, who in turn got the idea from Organizing Junkie.

Monday: Homemade Chicken & Dumplings, green beans, homemade yeast rolls, peanut butter cookies (for dh & kids)
a small serving of C&D for me, with a large salad

Tuesday: Meatloaf, Rice, tomatoes and peas, carrot cake (dh & kids)
Meatloaf, tomatoes, salad for me

Wednesday: Barbecue Chicken, carrots, black eye peas, chocolate cherry crunch (dh & kids)
Grilled chicken, black eye peas, raw carrots for me

Thursday: Farmhouse Pot Roast with carrots & potatoes, homemade bread, gingerbread cookies (dh & kids)
roast beef & carrots, salad for me

Friday: Shrimp cocktail, baked potatoes, turnip greens, salad, coca cola cake (dh & kids...cept turnips just for kids)
shrimp, salad for me

Saturday: McDonald's for kids, Outback for me & dh IF my mom will watch the kids.........if not it will be Golden Corral for all of us. Yes, I know this is not going in the direction of saving money, but my dh & I have not been out just the 2 of us in years.....and we could use the time to talk.

No comments: